Sissy Bar Fitment
All motorcycle sissy bars and backrests are specific fit. Meaning they are designed to fit a specific make, model and year of motorcycle. When shopping, make sure the one selected is specifically indicated as being for your specific motorcycle.
Other factors to consider when shopping are:
1. Usually the manufacturer supplies mounting hardware (such as bolts) if they have determined it is needed.
2. Sissy bars are meant to fit stock motorcycles. Meaning motorcycles as they were designed from the factory. If you've customized your bike, it might not fit.
3. If you are mounting multiple accessories, meaning if you intend on mounting a set of saddlebag guards and a sissy bar, then special bolts might be needed. The only way to know for sure is when trying to fit it all together on your motorcycle. Some of the manufacturers make special bolts. These are special order items that we sell.
4. Many can accommodate a luggage rack. In these cases the luggage rack attaches to it. This means that you have to purchase a luggage rack that is designed for the sissy bar you are purchasing. You can find all the luggage racks we sell by visiting our luggage rackdepartment.
5. Installing one shouldn't take more than an hour. In most cases it will take about 30 minutes. It all depends on the number of accessories you have mounted on your motorcycle. For tools you'll needs a socket set and maybe a few wrenches. in most cases.
6. Often the manufacturers provide mounting instructions. If instructions are available, we provide a link in the listing.